These pesto chicken kabobs combine fresh, savory ingredients to create the perfect blend of grilled deliciousness. And you know my recipes, it’s quick and easy, too!
Homemade basil pesto dresses up a simple chicken, squash, and zucchini kabob…
And be sure to make some extra chicken so you can throw it onto salads, sandwiches, or pasta.
Again, we’re all about efficiency here. 😉 You don’t even have to clean a pan (yet another reason I LOVE to grill!)
And these make a great dish for company because you can complete prepare them ahead of time. Move them straight from the fridge to the grill and then onto a pretty platter, and dinner is served!
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
For the Pesto:
- 1 c fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c fresh grated parmesan
- 3 T olive oil
For the Kabobs:
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini
- 1 large or 2 small yellow squash
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients for pesto in a blender or food processor.
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes.
- Coat chicken with pesto.
- Cut squash and zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into 1" sections.
- Slide chicken and squash (alternating) onto kabob skewers. Be sure to pierce the squash through the skin to secure the skewer (if you only pierce the fleshy part, it may fall off when cooked).
- Serve with a side of rice or sweet potatoes for a complete and delicious meal!
MORE SIMPLE and DELICIOUS FAMILY MEALS:
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.