Creamy and perfectly spiced pumpkin cheesecake is topped with rich, sweet praline sauce and crispy pecans… Pumpkin never tasted so good.
Seriously. Never. At least as far as I’m concerned…
So I’m thrilled to be sharing this alongside other bloggers as part of a full Thanksgiving menu:
I never liked pumpkin flavor much as a kid; I was more of a chocolate person (you can see my all time favorite chocolate kahlua cake here if you are, too), but pumpkin has grown on me significantly in my adulthood.
And really, how can you go wrong with cheesecake?
And praline sauce?
It would probably be delicious with homemade chocolate sauce, too… But nothing says fall to my belly like pumpkin dishes… and this one takes the
cake cheesecake, that is. 😉
I first tasted this several years ago when my sweet friend (who loves to bake and has blessed me for years with
calories desserts) made it for me.
I’ve tweaked a couple of little things, but essentially it’s that same cheesecake that now beckons me every year as soon as the air turns crisp and cool.
This cheesecake screams fall. And Thanksgiving. Loudly. Very very loudly.
So I hope you enjoy it this year as part of our Thanksgiving Menu.
Remember to visit all the other bloggers below for the rest of the meal!
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 butter melted
For the cheesecake:
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 T sugar
- 1 T cornstarch
- 2 T evaporated milk or whipping cream
For the praline sauce:
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 1/2 T cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c water
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients and press into bottom only of a 9-10" springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Remove crust and reduce oven to 300°.
- Mix 3/4 c sugar, pumpkin, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese and 6 T sugar.
- Add cornstarch, milk, vanilla, and eggs to the cream cheese mixture. Beat well.
- Add pumpkin mixture to cheese. Mix well.
- Pour in pan and bake for 1 hour at 300° (until sides have risen; center will be soft).
- Turn off oven and let cool with door closed several hours.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add water and cook stirring over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 5 minutes).
- Add butter and stir.
- Stir in pecans.
- Serve warm, poured over cold cheesecake.
It's also delicious without the praline sauce... you just can't go wrong!
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax