The sweetness of roasted corn, onions, and bell peppers is matched by a smoky hint of bacon and a crisp, nutritious dose of fresh spinach… all mixed into good old macaroni and cheese. In less than 15 minutes, you can feed and please the whole family!
My kids love macaroni and cheese. There’s just no way around it. There may, however, be a happy dance and an actual ear-piercing cheer when I announce that mac ‘n cheese is for dinner.
I. kid. you. not.
So I teamed up with Horizon Organic to find a way to beef it up – or “veggie it up” if you will 😉 – so that Mr. Pax and I could enjoy it, too.
And the best part? All this can be done in the amount of time it takes to boil the water and make the boxed macaroni and cheese.
In 15 minutes, I diced and sautéed veggies, added a little bacon…
And chopped fresh spinach. I’m always trying to sneak spinach into meals for my kids, and this one gives the whole dish great texture and balance.
Mix it all up and voila! Simple, easy, and delicious dinner idea.
The sweet corn, bell pepper, and onions have that special little browned edge, all from the natural sugars in the vegetables. A perfect balance for the smoky bacon.
If your family enjoys macaroni and cheese as much as we do, then be sure to visit Horizon’s MAC-N-ATOR Pinterest board for lots more ideas.
Who couldn’t use more quick and easy dinner recipes? Here’s to making life a little bit easier!
Sweet Corn Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 box Horizon Organic Macaroni and Cheese
- milk and butter according to Macaroni and Cheese directions
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 c frozen sweet corn
- 1 small sweet yellow onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 3 oz fresh spinach chopped
- Make macaroni and cheese according to directions on box.
- Cook bacon in the microwave (cover with paper towel and cook on high ~1 min per slice).
- Sauté corn, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil on high heat until edges are slightly brown.
- Mix sautéed vegetables, macaroni and cheese, and chopped spinach together and serve.
MORE SIMPLE and DELICIOUS FAMILY MEALS:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.