For a special treat this holiday season, enjoy a cup of this decadent hot chocolate that can be made on the stovetop in minutes.
You may have seen the boozy hot chocolate recipe I created a few weeks ago, but for obvious reasons, that one wasn’t an option to share with the biggest hot chocolate fans in the house – my kids.
So when Shamrock Farms asked if I’d like to try their half and half and heavy cream, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to make myself a super popular mommy.
And since Shamrock Farms cows are never treated with growth hormone rBST (which, for some reason, is kind of one of my things about milk I feed my kids) and it’s available in my local Walmart, this is now one of our go-to holiday treats. It’s a bit (or maybe a lot 😉 ) decadent, but the holidays are the perfect time for a little extra spoiling, right?
It’s also so very easy to make. In about 15 minutes with minimal effort, you can enjoy a rich, drinking chocolate that will warm you up from your toes. You can even enlist help from your favorite sous chef.
The secrets – other than the rich cream – are the pure vanilla extract and pinch of salt. For what it’s worth, my favorite vanilla is Danccy’s Mexican vanilla. The combination of the creamy chocolate and the tangy vanilla is brought out by the pinch of salt. Yum…
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this treat this holiday season!
Easy, Decadent Hot Chocolate
- 3 c Shamrock Farms Half and Half
- 1 c + 1c Shamrock Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/3 c quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tsp + 2tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- Mix half and half, 1c of the heavy whipping cream, chocolate, 4tsp vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally and bring to a simmer (do not boil!). Allow to simmer at least 5 minutes after all chocolate is melted.
- Whip 1c of the heavy whipping cream, 2tsp vanilla, and powdered sugar with electric beaters on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Serve with a generous dollop of whipped cream on top.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.