Learn how to make a giant DIY vintage map. You can follow this tutorial exactly to copy the RH Paris map for a fraction of the cost or you can use this same technique for any map.
How to make a DIY giant vintage map:
- 1/4″ plywood (no thicker than 1/2″)
- hi-res map image
- photoshop or some other image editing tool
- instant coffee
- matte modge podge
- quarter round trim
- finishing nails and hammer (or air compressor and nail gun)
- heavy duty french cleat strip anchor
- 4′ x 8′ sheet of 1/4″ plywood: $13 (didn’t even use the whole thing)
- printing costs: ~$40
- modge podge: already had it
- instant coffee: already had it
- two 12′ pieces of quarter round trim: $15
- heavy duty strip anchor: $8 (use a 40% off coupon if you go to Hobby Lobby!)
- total: ~$75… WAY better than $1700!
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.