Classic White Kitchen

Well, friends, are you sick of my kitchen yet?

*Resounding NO from the audience*

Yes, I mentally insert your answers sometimes… does that make me crazy?

UPDATE: view the full source list HERE

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

Humor me, at least.  😉 The whole thing has been such a whirlwind (remember how it looked just about a month ago?): rip it out, renovate it, put our house on the market – all with husband traveling and three small children… Normally, I would have given it to you in doses, but I hardly had time to photograph a thing until it was completely finished (which, of course, was literally 45 minutes before our realtor’s photographer came to photograph the home for listing.  Literally.)

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

But even though I’ve shared bits here (in my listing home tour) and there (in my spring tour), I wanted to share a full tour.  We were originally planning to knock down walls and start from scratch, but with the news of our upcoming move, that no longer made sense.  Instead, we opted for a classic white kitchen that matches the style and beauty of our colonial home.

Enter through the butler’s pantry (whose makeover I just shared here).

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

Our new island is the perfect addition.

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

And the white cabinets and subway tile brighten up the space SO much.

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

We finished the back porch and patio renovation just a few months ago, and the new black door is the perfect icing on that cake.

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

Two of the best updates were building a cabinet around and above the refrigerator and replacing the louvered pantry door (Do you remember how bad this corner was before?)

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

The finished laundry and mud room through that doorway (full reveal coming soon, I promise!) gets the best light in the house, and I just love how it streams into the kitchen.

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

You may have a million questions (and by all means, ask away!), but I do promise that more details are coming.  I promise a full source list and more soon.  In the meantime, what do you think?

UPDATE: view the full source list HERE

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

I, for one, just wish I weren’t moving away. 😉

pin it image

gorgeous classic white kitchen renovation | maisondepax.com

MORE HOME IMPROVEMENTS:

My Whitewashed Attic

Fabulous step-by-step tutorial at maisondepax.com

Updated Facade

Great curb appeal ideas | maisondepax.com

DIY Mud Room Unit

Who couldn't use more beautiful and functional storage? Don't miss this DIY mud room unit in the laundry room at maisondepax.com

Comments

1. Rachel it is so pretty and there are so many well thought out extra’s. Love it!

2. Your kitchen is beautiful. I absolutely LOVE the little jug (?) that is sitting on your island with the apple in it. Is that still available somewhere?

3. I’ll never get sick of this kitchen…until I can redo my own, I’ll just stare at yours! xo

4. Marlene Stephenson says:

Kitchen is marvelous you have done such a fine job,hope the next family appreciates the hard work you’ve done.

5. LOVE this kitchen! White kitchens are my favorite!

6. Hi Rachel, I don’t like your kitchen ! I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH ( = Wish it were mine. But we are moving also, going from No. California back to Oregon. We really love it up along the coast and it’s much cooler there, i can’t take this heat like i used too, getting old. But getting back to your kitchen, i have a beautiful, bright and big kitchen on my list of must haves so with any luck, i might end up with something close to yours. I don’t know how you’ve had the time to do all you’ve done, you must have a little elf in your back pocket, or something. Wish you much love and luck on your move. Like one of your readers said, i hope the people who buy your home will appreciate all your hard work and love that went into making your house a home. Talk soon , i hope. Sincerely, Diena

Diena, you are so sweet! I hope your move is wonderful – stress free and smooth. Thank you for all your sweet encouragement… and a big hug from Texas! xx

7. What I was thinking was ” I can’t believe she has leave this” at least I was able to enjoy our big remodels for a couple of years.bUT I still don’t want to leave my kitchen and studio!! Sometimes it just stinks, right? But not this week…this week is one of praise and thanksgiving for all our Savior has done and is doing :)

Haha… Maybe it’s easier just to have a clean break before I have time to really fall in love. 😉 But yes, praise God this week and always!! I hope you have a very blessed Easter. xx

8. Love it! We have white cabinets, and are badly in need of new counter tops. Love yours! What is the manufacturer/style of these counter tops?

Thank you so much, Lisa! It’s a granite called “azul plantino”. You can get it from most stone manufacturers, I imagine. I know even Home Depot offers it, and it is actually one of the more affordable natural stones (at least in Texas; I know prices can vary depending on location). So glad you like it. :)

9. Such a beautiful kitchen! I love white. I’d probably have an all white house if my fiancé would let me. The subway tile is my favorite detail!

So glad to find you’re blog. I’ll definitely be a follower.

Thank you so much, Allie! The subway tile is one of my favorite parts, too. And I love white, but even I will admit that it’s not always practical. 😉 So glad you like the kitchen and SO glad to have you here!! xx

10. Wow, Rachel it’s gorgeous! You are fast!!

11. Hi Rachel,
    Your kitchen looks great! what is the name of the paint color you used?

Thank you so much, Marcy! It’s called Colonnade Gray by Sherwin Williams. Hope this helps! :)

12. Awesome makeover! I love a crisp white kitchen! Great use of textures.

13. Beautiful job, I’m sorry you have to leave it behind! Where did you find that island? It’s just what I need in my kitchen! Good luck with the sell and move of your home!

Oh thank you, Jen! I actually found the island at Ikea. You can find a link to it and a bunch of other affordable islands I found online here. I hope this helps!

14. Gorgeous kitchen! Every detail is perfect. I would love to know what floor tile you used if you don’t mind sharing:)

Thank you, Erin! It is the “Style Selections Classico Travertine Taupe” from Lowes in 12×24″. You can find it online here. Hope this helps!

15. Hi Rachel!
    Beautiful Kitchen! We redid our master bath with similar colors. Can you tell me what paint color you used on the walls? It looks fabulous.

Of course, Sarah, and thank you! The walls are Collonade Gray by SW, and you can now get a full fource list from the kitchen here. Hope this helps!

16. Carolina Castello says:

What a great job. The cook and the range hood what model and brand please!! I like the way they look togrther

Thank you so much! I’m sorry to say that I don’t have the full details on those; they are the only things we didn’t replace. :( But I can tell you that the hood is Kenmore Elite and the range is GE Profile. I hope this helps! :)

17. Kate ward says:

Where

Where did you get your cabinent hardware? Where did you get your flooring? Love it. How much did you spend over all? Kate

Thank you so much, Kate! You can get a full source list and details here. Overall, the renovation cost us around $12K, but as I mention in this post (which discusses budget saving ideas), we were under a very significant time crunch, so we didn’t have time to shop around or do much work ourselves. I hope this helps!

18. Hi,
    Your kitchen looks beautiful! I was wondering if the kitchen island that you got from IKEA would be able to be stained a darker color? Do you happen to know?
    Thank you!

Thank you so much, Nicole! I assume you mean the butcher block top? To be honest, I’m not sure. It is real wood, and I don’t think it has been treated (they encourage you to treat it with food-safe oils), so I assume you could… But I bet you could get more info by researching their butcher block finishes. Sorry I’m not more help.

19. Yolanda says:

The cabinet color is “extra white”?

Yes, it was straight off the shelf at Sherwin Williams. Untinted. I believe they call that “extra white.”

20. I love your kitchen and am remodeling mine based on your ideas. What is the kitchen faucet you chose? And light fixture? Thanks.