One of the greatest transformations on our 1940 colonial which we bought just under a year ago (and moved into one week before my second son was born, mind you) is the view from the street:
- add exterior sconces (which we did when rewiring the house… another story for another time)
- repaint outside (Ellie Gray by Sherwin Williams with Extra White and True Black details)
- new gutters (the old system was a mess)
- new front beds
- sprinkler system
- electric gate for driveway (merely added motor to existing manual gate to save $$)
- remove some or all of the circle drive to reclaim some yard space (it’s not in great shape anyway)
- replace the two tropical looking small trees flanking the house with something more traditional
- retile the front porch with something a little tougher (it’s chipping now)
- replace front door with something more appropriate to the character of the home
- Add cool molding and railings (maybe like Kelly’s front porch at Eclectically Vintage – isn’t it gorgeous?!):
|Front Porch at Eclectically Vintage|
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.