Quantcast
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Baby Girl’s Nursery Reveal

I cannot believe we’re having a little girl…  I have three brothers; Mr. Pax has one.  Between the two of us, we have 9 male cousins and only 2 female.  In my children’s generation, there are 8 boys and only 1 girl.  Needless to say, we never really thought we’d have a girl… But here we are.  And. so. excited.

Gorgeous, subtle, mostly neutral nursery with touches of French and farmhouse charm at maisondepax.com

I admit, the obsessive-compulsive side of me is so much more “ready” feeling now that the nursery is done.  I know that babies don’t need much more than mommy and diapers, but it sure does feel good to have a tranquil, inviting space ready for her.

I’ve already shared the chippy white clock, the textured painted mirror, and the gray dresser.  Feel free to visit those tutorials if you have any questions.  Rather than narrate the full tour, I’ll leave you with a ton of photos (sorry in advance) and a source list at the bottom.  Any questions?  Just scroll down. :)

Source List:

wall color: Agreeable Gray by SW
rug: This Rug from Overstock
curtains: DIY Ruffled Curtains
crib: DIY Restoration Hardware Inspired Crib
crib skirt: DIY from drop cloth
dark gray wall clock: Purchased April 2014 from Antique Farmhouse
birdcage: Hobby Lobby sometime 2013
white wall clock: Wedding gift 10 years ago; makeover tutorial here
Psalm 139 frame: Shower gift from a sweet friend of mine; she used her Silhouette machine and paint
gray and pink bins below Psalm 139: HomeGoods spring 2014
dresser: family antique; makeover tutorial here
burlap wreath: Another shower gift from my sweet and talented friend
brass lamp: Belonged to my grandfather
changing pad cover: Circo from Target this year
green side table: Originally a plant stand; makeover tutorial here
diaper caddy: Babies R Us 2010
gray “antique” frame: Originally black from Hobby Lobby 2012; makeover tutorial here
white metal scroll mirror: Originally black from Hobby Lobby 2002; makeover tutorial here
Shakespearean vinyl quote: This decal from Belvedere Designs
chaise: Belonged to my grandmother; more on that story here
throw pillows: Gurli (one gray, one white) from Ikea

Did you enjoy that?  Subscribe to Maison de Pax so you’ll never miss a post!
Follow along on PinterestGoogle+Instagram, and Facebook for more fabulous ideas!

MORE ROOM REVEALS:

Click through for 3 brilliant and time-efficient ways to liven up your home for the season!Spring Living Room Tour

A classic, chic design for a fairly small bath.Master Bath Tour

A gorgeous bedside table done in crisp white with dark distressed edges... See beautiful styling and a simple tutorial at maisondepax.com!Attic Reveal

Sharing at: Home Stories A to ZSavvy Southern Style, and these other fabulous parties!

Comments

1. Oh, WOW! That is just simply stunning! Those ruffled curtains are so, so pretty. And the wall quote is perfect! What wonderful, serene space you’ve created for your baby girl. It feels so good to feather the nest before your little one arrives, doesn’t it?! Wishing you all the best for the birth and for bringing your tiny treasure home! xo

Thank you so much, Karen! It is SO therapeutic to have it all pretty and settled; you’re so right! Thank you so much for the sweet comment. :)

2. So beautiful!! Love the softness of it! Excited to hear the news of your girls arrival!!

3. Oh Rachael, it’s beautiful!!!! I love the calm colors! Congratulations on your soon to be here little girl!!! They are so much fun and so good at having Daddy wrapped around their finger :)

You are so kind, Selene. Thank you!! I can’t wait to see how this little one rules her Daddy’s heart. ;)

4. Christy Foss says:

Congrats Rachel!!! I can’t believe she’s almost here! And her room is stunning!!! Can’t wait to meet her!

5. Your nursery is so beautiful and serene. What a perfect place for mama and baby to snuggle and bond! I’m so happy for you and hope your sweet little girl arrives soon! Congratulations!!

Blessings, Deborah

You are so kind, Deborah! Thank you for your sweet comment and encouragement. I hope you have a wonderful week!

6. What a beautiful space! Love the neutral pallet for a little girl. I especially love those curtains and the clock on the wall.

7. Stunning! What a beautiful room to bring a baby into! She will end up being a decorator just like you, for sure! Pinning and featuring you on my fb page! LOVE IT!

8. Oh it is so pretty. I love the soft gray and white and the ruffles are fabulous. Beautifully done. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

9. so beautiful and tranquil- this will be one lucky little baby girl.
    congrats!

10. Oh I’m just in love with every single detail of this little princess’s bedroom !
    The mirror with the Shakespeare quote is fabulous – the bird cage – clock – ruffles – all of it – sheer perfection
    Visiting from My Romantic Home where this caught my eye immediately :)
    XOX

11. Simply beautiful, Rachel! Your photography is stunning too! Congratulations on your new baby girl — can’t wait to see you post about her when she arrives!

12. Such a charming and sweet space for your new little one. I love the neutrals and vintage touches too. I would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
    Nancherrow

13. Absolute perfection, simply love everything about it!!! Featuring in a little bit.

14. What a beautiful nursery! Makes me want another one! Lol! Love the Shakespeare quote and that the mirror is perfectly set at the right “little girl” height! Beautiful. Stopped by via Redoux Interior Linky Party.

Oh thank you so much! I can’t wait to welcome my little girl into it. :) So glad you stopped by!

15. Wow!! SUCH a stunning nursery, Rachel! You have one lucky little lady! I love that you used neutrals and still made it pretty and feminine! Wonderful, wonderful job!!

~Abby =)

Thank you so much, Abby! After two boys, I didn’t know what to do with myself for a girl. ;) I know you understand! It’s nice to have a little feminine space in the house. :)

16. So beautiful Rachel!!

17. Patti-Ann says:

I have to put curtain rods in a corner for two windows. I can’t figure out how to do it and I see you have been successful! Any tips you can spare?

Sorry for the slow reply, Patti-Ann; the new baby has me rather occupied! :) But the only way I was able to put two curtains in the corner like that was to find rods with very little decorative knobs on the end. That allowed them to sit closely enough for the curtains to cover the windows. I hope that helps!

• Patti-Ann says:

Thanks Rachel! No worries, little girls always come first. I am not surprised by the answer. I did think for a moment that it might be an interior designer’s trade secret! I appreciate the info and now don’t feel quite so unable [incompetent] to accomplish the task :) pa

18. I’m so excited for you, too!!! Her nursery turned out FABULOUS!!! Featuring you tomorrow. XO, Aimee

19. Okay…I have a slight obsession of antique birdcages, old clocks, burlap, and that Shakespeare quote, and you just encompassed all of them in this beautiful room. I’m speechless. So lovely! And what a lucky baby girl!

Haha. I am glad I’m not the only one obsessed with those things, Lauren! Thank you so much for your sweet comment; I’m so glad you like the room!! :)

1. […] Baby Girl Nursery Reveal from Maison de Pax […]