Hi friends! I’m off to DC to visit my sweet cousin (who is expecting her first in February!!)… We’ll be working on the nursery while I’m there. 🙂 But I didn’t forget about you; you’re in for a real treat today. Krista is a creative and talented gal with such a knack for beautiful projects. Please make her feel welcome!
Hello readers of Maison de Pax! I’m Krista from The Happy Housie and I am so excited to be here today sharing a super quick and easy project for creating two-sided fall pillows with a Sharpie! These pillows will last you the whole fall season- from early autumn to Halloween and right through Thanksgiving.
Thank you so much to Rachel for having me here today! As I said, I spend most of my bloggy time over at The Happy Housie . I called my blog this because I think of myself as a “housie”; someone whose hobby is all kinds of house related stuff like decorating, crafting, organizing, and DIY projects. And it is one of those projects that I am here to share with you today!
- a pillow cover…you want a zipper style pillow cover so that both sides can be used for different fall images
- I started out by using an Oil Based Sharpie Paint pen but then switched over to a regular sharpie pen on the back – so I think either type of pen will work for this
- printed images or shapes to trace or copy
- construction paper or card stock to put between the layers of the pillow while drawing
- a piece of chalk to outline your designs first if you want
Today I am sharing the rest of our Fall Front Porch, including the little chalkboard projects you see there…