I’m sure there are plenty out there who will disagree with me, but as a mother of two boys, I often feel like decorating for girls is way easier. Add some frills, some bows, some pom poms, some flowers… and you’re good. Not so with boys. Nevertheless, I was pleased with how my son’s recent three-year-old birthday party turned out.
I used the invitation from Paperless Post as inspiration for the water bottle labels and this graphic:
For decorations, I used the following:
- the graphic above (in an 8×10 frame I already had at home)
- the Melissa & Doug Giant Fire Truck Floor Puzzle (which I gave to my son as a birthday gift the night before… he loves it and it was perfect for the table!)
- red tablecloths from the dollar store
- red plates and napkins
- various firetrucks we already had
- some chalkboard labels (same ones I used for the 1 day to 1 year pictures project)
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.