Green and white Christmas decorating makes for a natural, neutral Christmas with a lovely, serene holiday feel.
If you’re visiting from Live, Laugh, Rowe, welcome! If you haven’t seen Kelly’s post yet, head over there… She always has such beautiful ideas. I am SO very excited to share my Christmas living room with you all today as part 3 of the Christmas Room Series (if you missed the others, visit part 1: entries here and part 2: trees here). And just to show you how excited I really am, we’re going to play a little game…
In the theme of the most entertaining (and simultaneously annoying 😉 )Christmas song, I’m going to share 12 reasons I’m excited about this room. I will spare you the repetition, though, don’t worry.
1. Finished construction – YIPPEE!!!
You may remember that I shared big plans for our fireplace renovations months ago, and I am SO pleased to say that after two and a half months of plastic, dust, eating out (because we simultaneously remodeled the kitchen), and insanity… It’s done!
2. A second Christmas tree – because, well, the only thing better than 1 Christmas tree is two.
3. Reminders of the hope of the season – like this sign I made last year.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
4. Bookshelves – as a former English teacher and self-proclaimed nerd, I have a LOT of books. And while this house has so many wonderful things, it was very much lacking in book storage. Plus, it is SO fun to style white bookcases! I’m loving wood accents in them, especially, like this new vase my friends at Bambeco sent me. And my reindeer candlesticks made a repeat appearance this year, of course.
5. A tree my kids decorated – after planning and designing and decorating the big tree myself, I decided to let the kids do this one. I gave them a package of polyester stuffing and a collection of ornaments and let them go for it. You might have seen some of the action on my Instagram stories (you can follow me here if you don’t already)… it was super fun. And they did a pretty good job if I may say so.
6. Not one broken ornament… so far – for whatever reason, I decided to use a bunch of breakable ornaments on this tree (gutsy, I know 😉 ) this year. As amazing as the shatterproof ones are, there is a twinkle to the glass ones that I have yet to see captured by the plastic ones. And it must be a Christmas miracle because we have yet to break a single one.
7. Our new fireplace – we are still waiting on the gas logs to arrive, but the antique looking brick, the white paneling, the mantel… it gives me all the heart eyes.
8. Functional space – I’ll share more when I talk about what we did in this renovation and why, but suffice it to say that the new set up has already proved to be so much more functional for our family. Hooray!
9. White space – this Mama craves some space, and I love how even with the busy-ness of the holiday decorating the space has plenty of white to allow your eyes to rest. Anyone else see a metaphor for life during this season?
10. Did I mention I like our new fireplace? 😉
11. Twinkling lights – As you know if you’ve followed me and my nighttime Christmas tours for the last two years, twinkling lights are my favorite. I mean favorite.
12. Home – it is so easy (for me, at least) to get caught up in the madness of this season. And as a blogger, there is nothing like holiday decorating to bring out all the stress, insecurities, comparison games, and other ugly ugly things in my heart. BUT, by the grace of God, I can say that this space is feeling like home. This space is serving my family, feeling peaceful, offering us a space to welcome others in, and reminding us of the hope and joy of the coming of our Savior. I pray that your home (and mine!) would truly reflect that this year… That we would be able to look past the busy-ness and stress of the holidays and remember the hope found therein.
Now be sure to continue with the holiday inspiration over at Taryn’s place: Design Dining and Diapers. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Thank you to Bambeco for providing the beautiful root wood vase.
wall color: Agreeable Gray by Sherwin Williams | trim color: Extra White by SW | fireplace brick | chandelier: vintage | curtain rods: diy (tutorial) | couches: no longer available | ottoman | gray chairs | linen and burlap chair: Homegoods | wood trunk: antique | garland on mantel: At Home | gold bells | silver bells | knit throw blankets | signs: diy (tutorial) | reindeer candlesticks
Shop the rest of the space here:
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.