Hi friends! I’m off to DC to visit my sweet cousin (who is expecting her first in February!!)… We’ll be working on the nursery while I’m there. 🙂 But I didn’t forget about you; you’re in for a real treat today. Krista is a creative and talented gal with such a knack for beautiful projects. Please make her feel welcome!
Hello readers of Maison de Pax! I’m Krista from The Happy Housie and I am so excited to be here today sharing a super quick and easy project for creating two-sided fall pillows with a Sharpie! These pillows will last you the whole fall season- from early autumn to Halloween and right through Thanksgiving.
Thank you so much to Rachel for having me here today! As I said, I spend most of my bloggy time over at The Happy Housie . I called my blog this because I think of myself as a “housie”; someone whose hobby is all kinds of house related stuff like decorating, crafting, organizing, and DIY projects. And it is one of those projects that I am here to share with you today!
- a pillow cover…you want a zipper style pillow cover so that both sides can be used for different fall images
- I started out by using an Oil Based Sharpie Paint pen but then switched over to a regular sharpie pen on the back – so I think either type of pen will work for this
- printed images or shapes to trace or copy
- construction paper or card stock to put between the layers of the pillow while drawing
- a piece of chalk to outline your designs first if you want
Today I am sharing the rest of our Fall Front Porch, including the little chalkboard projects you see there…
Did you enjoy that?
Have my best tips on home decor, DIY, and life delivered directly to your inbox.