Quantcast

Before and After Home Tour

As a stay-at-home mom, I spend a lot of time looking at, using, cleaning, arranging, and (usually) enjoying my house… But it can be really easy to focus only on the list of things I still want to do: the kitchen (hence my kitchen inspiration post last week), the back porch, the front door, the garage – and that’s just the big ones… the little ones are far too numerous to count.  While I want to live with vision and inspiration for what I, my home, my children, and my loved ones can become, I don’t want to live dissatisfied because we’re not there yet.  I want to enjoy, appreciate – relish even – this moment.

So, to help me do that, I thought I’d share before and afters of our home, all in one place.  A reminder of how far we’ve come and the blessings we have.  :)

Before and After House Tour

If you have any questions on the rooms below, just click on the word “after” or the images to see related posts and projects (and I apologize in advance for many of the before pictures – our second son was born one week after we moved in… taking before pictures was not on my radar!).

The facade of Maison de Pax before:

front angle before

And after:

Beautiful, simple, traditional summer home tour at maisondepax.com

The entryway before:

entry before

And after:

gorgeous entryway makeover at maisondepax.com

The library (aka my office) before:

office before

gorgeous office makeover at maisondepax.com

gorgeous office makeover at maisondepax.com

The laundry room before:

laundry rm before

And after:

gorgeous laundry room makeover at maisondepax.com

The dining room before:

dining rm before

And after:

gorgeous dining room makeover at maisondepax.com

The living room before:

living rm before

gorgeous living room makeover at maisondepax.com

gorgeous living room makeover at maisondepax.com

The sunroom/playroom before (the orange room through the double doors):

living rm to play before

And after during (painting a bookcase and rearranging just this week… reveals to come soon, hopefully!):

gorgeous play room makeover at maisondepax.com

The kids/guest bath before:

boys bath before

And after:

gorgeous bath makeover at maisondepax.com

The boys’ room before:

boys room before

gorgeous boys' room makeover at maisondepax.com

gorgeous boys' room makeover at maisondepax.com

The nursery before (this is actually almost a year after we moved in… we were using the room as a guest room; I couldn’t find any pics before this, sorry!):

guest rm s wall

And after:

gorgeous nursery makeover at maisondepax.com

Gorgeous, subtle, mostly neutral nursery with touches of French and farmhouse charm at maisondepax.com

The upstairs office before:

upstairs office before north east wall

gorgeous office makeover at maisondepax.com

The master bath before:

master sink before

master shower before

And after:

A classic, chic design for a fairly small bath.

master bath tub wall

The attic before:

attic before

gorgeous attic makeover at maisondepax.com

gorgeous attic makeover at maisondepax.com

Whew!  It’s exhausting and exhilarating all at once…  What do you think?  Which is your favorite?

Did you enjoy that?  Subscribe to Maison de Pax so you’ll never miss a post!
Follow along on PinterestGoogle+Instagram, and Facebook for more fabulous ideas!

Sharing at: Home Stories A to ZSavvy Southern Style, My Repurposed Life, and these other fabulous parties!

Comments

1. Your home is beautiful Rachel. I love how cosy and inviting you have made it. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes, Julie

2. Love all of it – what a transformation!!

3. You have done a beautiful job, no doubt! My favorites are the entryway, so gorgeous & vintage; the nursery, calm & serene and cozy; and the Master bath, wow what a classic & stylish reno! Love it, really, but love it all! You are so talented and thoughtful, that combination I feel is rare…..truly blessed I’d say. Thanks for sharing your heart! (And your home!)

Cathy :-)

Thank you thank you, Cathy! You and your sweet comment were such a blessing to me today. :) Have a great week!

4. Beautiful changes!!

5. WOW!!! What a transformation!! It’s a completely different home!! The exterior has got to be my favorite part!! Job well done!!

Thank you so much, Lisa! I must say that I smile every time I drive up to the house. :) I so appreciate your sweet comment!

6. All I can say is WOW! You home is stunning! You guys have done SO much work. Great job!

7. It is all stunning! My daughter’s house is all done in shades of gray and it is such a warm and comfortable environment~I love the painted brick exterior and the nursery really caught my eye, but it’s all gorgeous!

8. What a wonderful transformation! I’m moving in! :-) I wanted to ask about your painted brick exterior…. did you paint all that yourself or did you hire it out? If you did it yourself, how long did it take and how many gallons of paint did you use? I soooo want to paint the brick on my house but I’m afraid it will be too much to take on.

Ha! Thanks, Brenna. :) We actually hired out the exterior painting. We used the same guy who painted our last home exterior (we love him! not the fastest, but meticulous and affordable). It probably took him two weeks, but he scraped and repaired and painted all the trim, as well. It was a big job. If you don’t have to do the trim, though, and you rent a good sprayer, you could probably do it in less time. It’s no small task, though! And I’m not sure how much paint it took… sorry.

9. Wow it is all so stunning Rachel, I can’t pick a favourite…but that bathroom is quite the transformation!! The whole thing is really… it is amazing how the different color tone gives the house a completely different feel too – I love all the grey!

10. Wow! Your photos are absolutely stunning! You are blessed…

11. Beautiful transformation, indeed! She’s done a fabulous job of creating a warm and inviting home! Thanks for sharing, Yvonne!

12. Everything is totally amazing. I can’t believe how much you have done. Your home is stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

13. Your home tour is AMAZING. I love everything about your house & especially love what you’ve done with the exterior – so dreamy!

Oh thank you, Brandi! Coming from you (you stylish gal, you), I take that as quite a compliment. ;)

14. Melissa Leach says:

What a beautiful home you have created! A couple questions if I may…are the nursery curtains purchased or DIY. I want to make a shower curtain and need a good tutorial on ruffles! Also, what paint color did you use in your bathrooms? Congrats on a job well done! You have a lovely home.

15. You’ve done such great work with your home! It’s beautiful!!

16. can I come live here? it’s just lovely!!

xoxo – tara

17. I LOVE all the changes you’ve made! And I am really in love with that armoire. :) Wanna come help me finish up my house? I need an extra set of hands! :)
    Everything is just beautiful.
    Kelly

I wish I could, Kelly! There’s nothing like makeover therapy. ;) Thank you so much for your sweet comments!

18. I am completely blown away! Just…wow! You have done so much! How long ago was it since you moved in? I feel like I need to get a move on in my house. I absolutely love your style.

We moved in just over two years ago… which happened to be one week before my second son was born. I still wonder how we managed it! But thank you, really. I’m so glad you like it!!!

19. Rachel-you have a beautiful home that you’ve enhanced so much with all your pretty touches. It was really fun to take a tour through it. I love your classic style! I co-host a link party every Friday called Pin Your Friday Favorite, and I’d be honored to have you visit (tshirtjeans.blogspot.com). Thanks for letting us into your lovely space!

20. Love your house! I am thinking about re-doing our attic and it looks very similar to your before picture. thanks for the inspiration and for pictures to show my husband-who thinks I am a little crazy!

Haha. You are very welcome, Darrielle! I hope you (and your husband!) are able to enjoy a makeover as much as we have. :)

21. What a beautiful property! Lovely transformation! It’s amazing what paint can do to a space. I’m loving the fresh-modern feel, and the ruffled drapes are so so gorgeous!

22. Everything looks so beautiful! What a transformation…love it all, but my fav may be that master bath.

Deb
    @Seeking Lavender Lane

23. It’s beautiful — every room! XO, Aimee

24. I’m brand new to your blog, so I have to read up on your posts, but your home is lovely. I love the paint colors you used throughout, all of my favorites:) I’m off to read your DIY Curtain tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely house tour and congratulations on all of your hard work-it surely has paid off!

25. Visiting from Marty’s, but you are no stranger in blogland! I remembered seeing several of these transformations featured throughout blogs I read, and for very good reason! You have mad visionary skills and determination to make your unique mark on your home. If I had to pick one, I think the upstairs office built-ins and decor, along with the master bath (see? it’s too hard to pick just one!) would be mine. Beautiful work! Relish the beauty of what you’ve accomplished!
    Rita C at Panoply

Oh, Rita, you are so kind!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I’m so glad you came by to visit!

26. Thanks for visiting Pin Your Friday Favorite! I’m going to feature you tomorrow :)

27. Beautiful after pictures. Love your color choices for the walls. The attic and nursery are my fave. Oh and the outside color on the house. Just lovely. Would you mind sharing what kind of soap that is on the master bath vanity? Been looking for something similar. Holder and all.

You are so kind, Cheryl! I’m so glad you like it. :) The soap/lotion combo is from Williams Sonoma (a few years ago); I think they still have something similar if not exactly the same. Vert Frais is the scent. Hope that helps!

28. Wow! I am so impressed Rachel! The whole house is beautiful and that attic transformation is gorgeous! Featuring you tomorrow. XO, Aimee

1. […] Before & After Home Tour via Maison de Pax […]

2. […] have got to check out this crazy-ridiculous-awesome before and after tour from Maison de Pax. This house is a […]

3. […] redecorating… all while chasing our three children! You can see a full before and after tour here. From our gorgeous new whitewashed attic to last week’s dinner menu, Maison de Pax is filled […]