Maison de Pax Home Tour: Master Bath

This may seem a strange detour in our home tour series.  I started with the entry (logically), moved on to the living room, shifted over to our powder room… but now we’re running upstairs to the master bath.  Why?  Mostly because I’m excited to share it with you.  It’s the only room of the house that I fully designed (meaning it’s the only room of the house that we’ve gutted and remodeled since we moved in).  And I love it.

I love this bathroom! Gorgeous finishes and brilliant ideas for space-efficient solutions at maisondepax.com

It’s really a sad funny story why we remodeled the master bath… Though it was hideous and totally dysfunctional (I’ll share before pictures some other time), we were planning to remodel it after some of the more public areas of the home.  Last Christmas, though, the pipes overflowed and I came downstairs to find it raining on our Christmas tree in the living room.  Literally.  Gallons of water were pouring through the ceiling.  Since new plumbing was needed, we decided to go ahead with the cosmetic work, as well.  And I’m so glad we did.

I love the cool marble floors.

Great budgeting tips for bathroom remodel | maisondepax.com

And the antique white vanity.

Great budgeting tips for bathroom remodel | maisondepax.com

We went with simple but curvaceous chrome hardware.

And, considering the rather small space, we added both a medicine cabinet…

And some open shelves for additional storage.

My favorite part of the design, though, is the tub wall.  Since we didn’t have space for a separate shower (hello 1940 colonial), we used a glass wall to avoid a shower curtain or doors that would encroach upon our limited space.

We also finished out a ledge behind the tub to allow for a place to sit and to set candles, books, or anything else that helps you enjoy a good soak in the tub.

In the end, I couldn’t be happier with the choices we made.  I love a marble bathroom, the classic chrome accents, the gray and white simplicity, and the slightly softer tones of the antique white vanity and mirror.

It may be on the smaller side for master baths these days, but I still love it.  What do you think?

UPDATE: Don’t miss the source list and budgeting tips from this remodel as well as 10 tips for designing small bathrooms!

Did you enjoy that?  Subscribe to Maison de Pax so you’ll never miss a post!
Follow along on PinterestGoogle+Instagram, and Facebook for more fabulous ideas!

TOUR MORE OF OUR HOME:

Before and After House Tour

Before and After Home Tour

Gorgeous, subtle, mostly neutral nursery with touches of French and farmhouse charm at maisondepax.com

Baby Girl’s Nursery Reveal

10 easy ways to bring a fresh and cozy look to your home | maisondepax.com #winter #decor #decorating

New Year Home Tour

Comments

1. This is stunning Rachel! You did an amazing job designing it!

2. GORGEOUS! And so much character! Love it!

3. Your bathroom is absolutely gorgeous. I love the soft, spa like colors too. I would love for you to come and join in my link party that opens each Tuesday evening at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

4. What a lovely bathroom. My favorite part is the shower glass partition, wall color and grey grout. Good job!

5. Wow, the bathroom looks gorgeous! I really like the subway tile and the beautiful marble.

6. Your master bath is gorgeous. I can’t even decide what I like the best… the marble, the shower, the color… it all just goes together perfectly. Pinning this for inspiration for my bathroom makeover. I would actually look forward to getting up every morning for this bathroom! ha! I’m in awe!!

7. Love the marble counter top. Where did you find that? Its gorgeous!

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

Thank you so much, Jennifer! It was a premade vanity by Bellaterra Home… I’ll post soon with links and details. :)

8. Wow! So pretty and spa like, I just love the colors and finishes you chose!

9. Gorgeous remodel! Every detail is perfection! And, the wall color is so serene! Love!

Jodie

10. Can I move in? Seriously, Rachel, I would live in that bathroom! It’s beautiful! You did a fantastic job picking out the finishes, and I just love the marble and chrome. You were right on point with choosing that tub wall also! It really keeps the bathroom open! I’m sure it was no fun having those pipes explode, but what a happy ending to the story!

Ha! So glad you like it, Liz. And yes, I’d rather our living room didn’t fall in, but I’m sure happy with the final result. 😉

11. What a gorgeous bathroom! Beautifully done. What paint color is that? Love it! Thank you for sharing. Dayna

Thanks, Dayna! I’m about 90% sure it’s Krypton by SW, but I promise to confirm and do a sources post soon with all the details. :)

12. Your bathroom is absolutely gorgeous. You did an incredible job. I love marble!!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

13. BEAUTIFUL! I love all of the finishes that you chose. Simply gorgeous. And I LOVE your blog. So glad to have found you at the Redoux Interiors link party!

14. Oh my goodness, this is stunning. I love all the marble, so beautiful. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

15. Rachel, it’s divine! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Here is the link to this week’s party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-75.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

16. OMG Rachel you should definitely be proud! It’s a dream! love the marble and the tile, just perfect! Need to re-do mine next year, this will definitely be an inspiration for me!!!

17. I featured your gorgeous bathroom today at Mod Mix Monday!

18. I would love to remodel mine to look like this. My bathroom is very small and I think a shorter vanity on feet would make it feel larger. You did a very fine job, very pretty color bluish grey?
    bety

Thank you so much, Betsy! I, too, think that the shorter furniture-style vanity helped open up the space. The color is SW Krypton. :)

19. It is a beautiful bathroom, Rachel! I love the marble and all your choices. Thanks for joining the Open House party and check out this weeks party for your feature.
    xx,
    Sherry

20. Oh this is so exactly how I envision my bathroom ( and there’s no way yours was more hideous then the ones in the home we’re moving into next week – honestly – there’s just no way lol )
    I’m pinning this for inspiration – you did a magnificent job!!!!
    Hopping over from Sherry’s!
    XOXOXO

So glad you like it, Suzan!! I hope you are able to achieve something you love in your new home. Good luck with the move!

21. Oh it is gorgeous. I wanted white marble but I was afraid of etching. How is it holding up? I am sure it was so disappointing having a water leak but you absolutely made the best of it.

We’ve been really pleased with how it’s held up… but it’s not been very long! :) Honestly, my parents had white marble in their kitchen and bathroom all through my childhood, and though it did wear over time, I liked the texture of the worn marble just as well as the original.

22. Rachel, your bathroom is STUNNING! You did an amazing job designing it. I can sympathize with the small bathroom. Our “master” barely has room for a tiny bathroom and stand up shower (no tub). I love the color you used in here. Is it SW Krypton? I’d love to feature this on my paint color blog, Involving Color. Let me know if you’re interested!

Thank you so much, Jena!! I would LOVE for you to feature this color… isn’t it dreamy? Yes, it’s SW Krypton. So glad you like it! By the way, the full source list for the bathroom is going live tomorrow morning; come back by for more details. :) Oh, and our master bath at our last house was like that – you could touch both shower walls with your elbows at the same time. Ha!

23. I loooove the color of the walls! Please share :)

24. Hi, I guess I am the only late bloomer to blogging, lol. Just found you and your bathroom makeover and just have to say how beautiful, inspiring and soothing it is but honestly all i can think of is your poor Christmas tree !! I would have collapsed onto the floor and cryed my eyes out. But it sounds like what it did was inspire you. Great job ! ( : <3

Oh Diena, you are so kind! I definitely had my moments of distress… no doubt. But it has turned out so lovely, hasn’t it? I’m so glad you like it, and I so appreciate your sweet comment!!

25. i really love how the subway tile looks. did you use gray grout? do you know what type? and is this classic white subway tile? thanks!

Hi Sasha,
      I’m so glad you like it! Yes, the tile is classic white subway tile and the grout is delorean gray from Home Depot. I hope this helps!